I began asking myself am I doing things that really matter to me or am I spending a lot of time in the busyness of life. I'm sure you know the answer - I've been so caught up in day to day stuff and dealing with a foot that won't heal that I have forgotten to make every day matter.
Part of making every day matter is writing this blog and being of service to help others make every day matter. So I'm here to ask, are you living life to the fullest? Are you caught up in the busyness of life and forgotten about what's really important to you?
Besides dealing with all that busyness (we will work on that another day) I like to write and add to my Bucket List on a regular basis. I use my Bucket List as a place to put all those dreams and desires. It reminds me of all those amazing things I want to do in this life time. It's so easy to forget those things in the busyness of life and I don't want to forget those things. I want to put them in a place where I can review them and pick things I will do now (or very soon). It's so easy to say oh yeah I want to do that and then forget about it or make other trivial things more important.
How about you? Have you written a Bucket List? Are you doing those things you have dreamed of doing or are you bogged down with the busyness of life? Well, it's time to create your own Bucket List and time to put all those dreams and desires in one place regardless of how busy you are.
Spend a few minutes writing your Bucket List for the first time and then as you think of new things you can easily add to them. This process will begin to set things in motion for you and it will help to remind you of what is important for you to accomplish in this lifetime.
Do you need help creating your Bucket List?
My Bucket List is broken down in to 5 categories:
- Travel – this is the obvious one with places across the country and around the world that I would like to visit.
- Activities – these are those things I would like to do, such as running a marathon, swimming with dolphins, climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro or knitting a sweater.
- Be of service – do you have a desire to be of service? These can be anything from volunteering in a Third World country to helping the elderly or even helping someone fulfill one of their Bucket List items.
- Things I want to have – these may include having a farm, having an awesome closet for all my clothes and shoes, having a home that overlooks that gorgeous turquoise ocean water, or having the car of my dreams.
- Things for me – these may include falling in love, having children, being debt-free, loving my body, or having a new hairstyle.
Click here to download your own Bucket List and get started writing those things down!