5 Simple Ways to Cut Down Distractions
It really is the distractions that keep us from being our best most productive selves. How many days have you spent with the intent to accomplish certain things only to find you are pushed around all day by the numerous distractions. Yes it is important to allow time for emergencies or certain distractions but the everyday distractions of text messages, email and notifications can consume a large amount of your precious time. Use these 5 strategies and you will be less distracted, more focused and more successful.
- Put your phone in airplane mode. Now you will not receive phone calls, text messages or any other notifications so you can focus o your task at hand.
- Check your email at certain times of the day. You can tell you friends and colleagues the times you are on your email so they know when to expect a response. This way you are not bound to the times they decide to email and instead you have made the choice of when to check email.
- Turn off email notifications. This will keep you from being distracted by the emails as they come in and again it gives you control over your email.
- Turn of all notifications. Go into your notification settings on your phone and turn them off. You can be in charge of checking email, Facebook, Instagram or other apps that want your attention. Give them your attention when you have the extra time for them.
- Turn off your wifi if you are not engaged in internet based activities. Just because we can be on the internet doesn't mean we have to always be connected. Keep that boundary and keep your focus on the activity at hand and you will get it done faster and more thoroughly.